Eggplant is in season!
I’ve tried lots of eggplant dishes. I wish I liked eggplant. I want to like eggplant…I don’t like eggplant.
Interesting enough my husband likes eggplant. So I will continue to try. My latest adventure has been my best to date. A grilled eggplant appetizer…Good news is there was none left. Bad news is that I burned half a dozen slices. Word of warning, the grill can’t be any higher than 300 degrees and don’t walk away. If you do, they’ll probably end up looking like this:
1 medium eggplant, sliced
2-3 medium sized tomatoes, diced
Olive oil (extra virgin or mesquite – this stuff if awesome!)
6 fresh mint leaves, shredded (used orange mint and sweet mint)
- Heat grill to 300 degrees.
- Brush slices with olive oil on both sides.
- Prepare vinaigrette by mixing small amounts of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, mint and Italian seasonings.
- Spray grill with non-stick spray and place slices of eggplant on the grill.
- After 5-7 minutes, flip eggplant and leave for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Assemble appetizer by layering a slices of eggplant with the diced tomatoes, drizzle the vinaigrette and sprinkle with feta cheese.