USA! USA! USA!
It’s Olympic time again! In honor of the beginning of the Sochi Olympics and unusually cold weather in Austin, I present the Adult Hot Chocolate.
I love watching the Olympics. In 2012, the summer Olympics inspired some torch cupcakes. Tonight they’ve already showed some X game runs and figure skating. Thus far, the US team has struggled in the men’s figure skating but the women and ice dancers are expected to do well. I can’t wait for hockey to begin and speed skating is always fun.
This fun twist on traditional hot chocolate is a perfect complement to watching the Olympics or warming up on a cold night.
- 8 oz. hot water
- 1 - 1½ tbsp. Penzeys hot chocolate mix
- 1 oz. whipped vodka
- Whipped cream
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Heat water in a kettle until boiling.
- While water is heating, put hot chocolate and vodka in a cup. Stir well.
- Add hot water until cup is full and stir until powder is completely dissolved.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkles.