Thanksgiving snuck up on me this year. Fortunately I was able to have some fun making some new dishes. Cranberry jelly has never really been my kind of thing, My sister LOVES it but the canned stuff but I never touched it! This cranberry sauce, however, is amazing and easy.
The crock pot is your friend.
This is a great homemade, sauce that’s perfect at Thanksgiving or any time of the year. It goes great with goat cheese on crackers and on sandwiches.
- 1½ bags or 12 oz. fresh cranberries
- 1¼ cup pure apple juice
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Pick out the bad cranberries and wash.
- Add cranberries, apple juice, sugar and cinnamon into a crock pot.
- Heat on high for 3 hours.
- Serve warm or cold. Enjoy!