This week cranberries were on sale for $1 a bag….so I bought 4.
Good news is that cranberries can last in the fridge for several weeks so I’m all set for Thanksgiving. Besides the typical cranberry fluff salad and salsa, I’m going to give making a crockpot cranberry relish a go this year. I’ll keep you posted.
But in the meantime, here are some muffins. They taste like a muffin version of cranberry fluff salad. And yes that is a good thing! Growing up my mom would have to make a double batch just to make it a couple of days…soon enough.
These muffins are easy to make, low sugar and have oatmeal to help fill you up.
- 3 apples, cored
- ½ bag of cranberries (4-6 oz.)
- 1 stick of butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. cinnamon (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and spray cupcake pan or put in liners.
- In a food processor, pulse apples until shredded then move to medium bowl.
- In a food processor, add cranberries and pulse until completed chopped then move to the bowl with the apple.
- Pour butter, eggs and sugar over fruit and stir until well mixed.
- Then add oatmeal, flour and vanilla stirring until well mixed.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and stir until completely incorporated.
- Put batter into cupcake pans or silicone molds and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until slightly brown and springy to the touch.
- Allow muffins to cool and sprinkle with cinnamon or powder sugar and enjoy!