Mr. RWB is Greek. Well half Greek but he identified himself as Greek when we first started dating. My first thought was great well I’m English, French, German and Native American Indian. What I didn’t realize is that being Greek isn’t just a familial history; it’s a way of life. Large family, church and food. Boy the food is fabulous! Some of my favorites are pastichio, spanakopita, koloudia and of course, Greek chicken and potatoes.
Mr. RWB is totally a meat and potatoes type guy though he does like a good portabello burger and doesn’t mind quinoa. One of the troubles with traditional Greek chicken and potatoes is how long it takes to bake. After work I just don’t have the energy to nurture the dish like it needs. So how do I make a one pan Greek Chicken and Potatoes that’s done in about a half hour? Cut the chicken thin and use cubed red potatoes. All the flavor at a fraction of the time!
Week 3’s featured ingredient is H-E-B’s natural chicken. Head over to H-E-B’s website to continue voting and register to win!
1 lb. H-E-B Natural Chicken
1 – 1 ½ lb. new potatoes (5-7 medium sized)
2 tbsp. minced garlic
1 lemon, juiced
2 Pita, cut into 4s
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop potatoes into bit size pieces. Place into baking pan.
- Drizzle with oil, garlic and Greek seasoning.
- Bake for 5 minutes then add chicken on top and drizzle with olive oil, garlic and Greek seasoning.
- Squirt with lemon then cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reads 160 degrees with a thermometer. For a more roasted finish, bake uncovered for the last 5 – 10 minutes.
- Enjoy! Great with a green salad!
Active time: 5 minutes
Bake time 25 minutes
**HEB and Con-Agra has provided compensation for this post. All opinions, recipes and photos are my own.