Some meals are pure genius and others well they come to you as you taste the latest creations at your local HEB. This is the later. A few weeks ago I tried a Texas lasagna made with chili and corn tortillas. I didn’t have any chili made but there was some tortilla soup I needed to finish. I mean if it worked well with chili why not? So I bought some corn tortillas and cheese and off I went.
Holy Cow! It turned out WAY better than I had expected and is super easy. Let’s just say this guy is in the please make a gain pile!
2 – 3 cups of tortilla soup
9 – 12 corn tortillas
1 – 2 cups of cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9” square pan.
- Draining most of the juice, spoon a thin layer of tortilla soup.
- Then add a layer of tortillas.
- Continue adding tortilla soup and another layer of tortillas. Add some soup to the top and then cover with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until hot in the center.
- Serve and enjoy!