Baked Chicken with White Wine and Garlic Cream Sauce
April’s Surprise Recipe Swap partner is Sherry’s Cafe Vita! I was so excited when I saw this month’s swap party. This lady is awesome! We are good friends on Facebook. While perusing her site there were so many things I wanted to try including some fun new Greek recipes. Unfortunately I’ve been a bit busy with the transition to the apartment in Chicago and trips home. The kitchen has taken a while to get into working order so of course I’m running WAY behind.
I don’t normally make cream sauces but the Cafe Vita Cream Sauce is going on the make again list! This dish was easy, tasty and made the whole house smell AMAZING! It was done in 30 minutes and served with sauteed spinach.
Sherry writes all these amazing posts from Michigan and has been blogging since 2009. Her focus is fresh, healthy and local ingredients (love this!) and loves Demarle cooking products. Going to have to check those out!
Boneless Chicken Breasts
Penzey’s Greek Seasoning
Splash of Sauvignon Blanc (same as in sauce)
1 clove of garlic (used 2 but 3 would be even better!)
2 tbsp. butter
1 ½ cup of white wine (used Lucky Duck Sauv Blanc)
1 cup of half and half
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and place chicken on a cookie sheet. Coat chicken breasts with a tbsp of olive oil. Sprinkle with seasonings and a splash of wine.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 165 degrees when inserted into the chicken breast.
- While chicken is cooking, place butter and garlic in a small sauce pan and brown for a minute. (If making spinach, start onions now.)
- Add wine to garlic and simmer for 15 minutes or until volume is decreased by half.
- Add cream and seasoning and simmer for additional 10 minutes. Sauce should be fairly thick.
- Plate spinach and chicken and spoon over sauce.
- Enjoy! (You’re welcome!)