So I know I’m totally late on this trend and blog post but trust me it’s totally worth it! If you haven’t tried kale chips you are missing out. They are awesome! No seriously! Mr. RWB and the doggies agree. Amazing, right?
Anyway, kale has really good nutrients but I’m not a big fan of it in salads. I enjoy sautéing it because it maintains its crisp but by far my favorite is kale chips. I can’t make them fast enough. They are light yet crispy and full of flavor. I’ve made kale chips 5 different ways so far: Italian, BBQ, Herb, Lemon herb and plain old Salted.
At $1.30 a bunch, it’s amazing!
1 bunch kale
Italian seasoning blend OR
Mystic Spice Sticky Sweet BBQ OR
Mystic Spice Citrus Herb OR
Oregano, Rosemary, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Lemon OR
- Heat oven to 400 and spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray.
- Tear kale into smaller pieces of roughly the same size (if very different some will burn while others won’t be done)
- Place kale on cookie sheet and spray with non-stick spray (helps the seasonings stay on and kale to crisp.
- Choose seasoning and apply generously.
- Bake for 5 – 15 minutes depending on piece size. Check regularly as they can go from not done to black very quickly. Chips should be crisp throughout. May want to remove some of the smaller pieces as they finish.
- Enjoy! Store in an air tight container, if you have any left!
The Mystic Blue Spice Company is a family owned all natural spice and seasoning company based out of Arizona. After a call on Facebook, I was sent a few blends to try. This is one of the recipes that worked AMAZING!