Steak rarely makes an appearance at our house. We cut out most red meat back in 2010 in an effort to bring our weight under control. It left with rice and a few other things. However, I find a deal on steak or have an idea and voila! Happy hubby and puppies.
It just so happened that a friend on Facebook was looking for recipes featuring their spices. I love trying new things out so I jumped on the opportunity. Mystic Blue Spice Company sent me two great blends, Sticky Sweet BBQ and Citrus Herb. I’ve used both in several recipes and love them. Will definitely be trying some other ones in the future! The sticky sweet BBQ has great smoky flavor with a hint of sweet that’s not overpowering. So far it’s been on kale chips, popcorn (both coming soon) and steak. The Citrus Herb is really light and great in steamed, sautéed or stir fried veggies. At some point I’ll try it on chicken too.
A big thank you to the Mystic Blue Spice Company for the opportunity to try out some great spice blends!
2 steaks (used bone in rib eye)
Mystic Blue Spice Sticky Sweet BBQ spice blend
1 bunch chard
1 – 2 cloves garlic, diced
Mystic Blue Spice Citrus Herb blend
- Fire up the grill to 400 degrees.
- Rub 1 tbsp. olive oil on the steaks (1tbsp for both sides) and sprinkle with seasoning blend. Rub into meat and let sit 10 – 30 minutes.
- Chop chard into 2 inch strips across the stem.
- Put steaks on the grill turning once. Time will depend on how you like it cooked. See here for more details.
- Heat 2 tbsp. olive oil in a medium skillet and when hot add garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- Once garlic is fragrant, add chard, 1 tbsp. herb blend and a pinch of salt. Saute for 5 – 10 minutes until chard starts to wither. Check seasoning and add additional accordingly.
- Add lemon juice as steaks are coming off the grill and toss.