Another edition in the Valentine’s candy corn saga…I make a sweet munch for pretty much every season but this one has a twist. Easy, yummy and totally gift-able!
This has been a busy couple of weeks – the flu, a family engagement party and a family funeral. It’s been up and down but looking forward to what’s coming up. A special Valentine’s meal tomorrow and an exciting event Saturday (hint: it involves Texas wine!) as well as providing some support to my Great Uncle. Also, Mr. RWB is planning on doing the MS150 again so that means training rides with him and my dad and more half marathons, March 3rd and 9th! Not to mention going out on a limb later this month with the tasting competition at the Austin Cake competition That Takes the Cake! Be ready for some really creative recipes!
2 – 4 cups of Chex cereal (used the rest of the box)
1 – 3 cups of pretzels, broken
2 handfuls of Valentine’s candy corn
½ cup of chocolate chips/red chips
½ cup of powdered sugar
1 block of white chocolate
Dozen red chocolate wafers (used Wilton)
- Mix cereal, pretzels, candy corn, and chocolate chips together in a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and toss.
- Heat white chocolate in the microwave in a Pyrex style dish for 30 seconds at a time, stirring regularly until completely melted. Add to cereal mix and toss lightly.
- Place red chocolate wafers into a plastic sandwich bag and microwave 30 seconds at a time. Be sure to squeeze the bag after each 30 seconds. Once melted, clip the corner and drizzle over the mix.
- Let the cereal dry and enjoy!