I love my sister. I really do but sometimes I wonder…this year we hosted Christmas and were left with all the extra goodies. Cookies, cakes, chex mix and candy and lots of it. Then right before she left, little sister pulled out some Valentine’s candy corn in a cute little tin.
Oh nuts what am I going to do with this?
I certainly can’t eat all these candy corn so here’s the first in several posts about creative ways to use these treats.
What I love about this recipe is that it uses 2 ingredients. Yes 2. But like any candy making there is a bit care needed otherwise it’ll be chocolate and hard candy rather than a toffee style candy. As for the chocolate, I used Guittard A Peels chocolate wafers. They have great consistency and don’t require any shortening addition to be a good coating chocolate.
Valentine candy corn (handful, can always melt more)
Heart shaped ice cube tray
1. Spray ice cube tray with non-stick spray.
2. Place candy corn in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 10 second increments, stirring each time until the candy is just melted. If it bubbles up, it will be very hard. Better to throw it out and try again. Takes 30 – 45 seconds.
3. Spoon melted candy into each of the hearts, less than half full. Shake tray to even level and remove bubbles.
4. Place chocolate wafers into a microwave safe bowl and heat 20 seconds at a time. Be sure to stir and don’t overheat or it will get chalky.
5. Spoon chocolate on top of candy and slightly shake to even out the levels and remove air bubbles.
6. Let dry for 10 minutes then enjoy!