So as you probably already know I’m not much of a sour cream, cream cheese or fruit pie type of person. However, my husband likes all of these things so in an effort to embrace fall and use some of the many apples I like to buy, I present Cheater Apple Turnovers! And I actually liked it!
Easy apple center with help from Pillsbury crescent rolls makes this a pretty and easy dessert.
2 apples, peeled and cubed
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp. butter
2 cups of water
1 can of Pillsbury crescent rolls
2 – 4 tbsp. water
¼ – ½ cup of confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp. of vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put apples, sugar, cinnamon, butter and water into a medium sauce pot over medium-high heat for 15 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Cut crescent rolls into squares.
- Add a spoonful of apples to the crescent roll and pinch edges.
- Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix water and powdered sugar until well mixed and drizzle over the cooled turnover.