Tomorrow is going to be cooler ‘round here. I’m so excited! This was a weekend full of rest and apparently we needed it. The hubby, the puppies and I were hanging out watching football yesterday and next thing I knew it was 4 hours later. Oh well! Good news is that today has been very productive. Went to try out a new church this morning, the sermon was very good. Then we headed to Sprouts, they had an amazing 72 hour sale, cranberries for $1 a bag and canned pumpkin for $1 a can! After some cleaning, catching up on work and a trip to Lowe’s for some Thanksgiving projects, I was ready to listen to my wine class and whip up a little dinner.
1 pot. 35 minutes. That’s it!
The hubby even said it can go on…the list!
½ lb. chicken breasts
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups of water
1 cup quinoa (used both red and white)
2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tsp. oregano
½ tsp. cumin
Handful of fresh parsley
12 green olives, sliced
2 fresh tomatoes, diced
Dash of salt
2 tbsp. honey
½ lemon, juiced
- In a large pan, cook chicken and garlic in olive oil.
- Remove chicken from pot and put quinoa and water in. Cook over medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until most water is absorbed.
- Add spices, parsley, tomatoes, olives, honey, and lemon juice into the pot. Heat for 5 minutes.
- Cut chicken and add to pot for additional 3 – 5 minutes. Check seasoning and adjust as necessary.
- Serve with a sprig of parsley and an olive.