Welcome to the new blog layout! A new location – back in Austin, we bought a house! A new job for both of us! America’s birth, a new layout and cookies!
So I have a confession…I love Pinterest, holidays and cake box cookies! I saw these patriotic cookies on Pinterest and had to try them. Using my family’s cake box cookie recipe (any cake flavor will do) and some sprinkles, these cookies took no time and received rave reviews…they were gone at work by 9:30 am.
The hard part was finding the red and blue jimmies. After going to HEB, JoAnn’s, Hobby Lobby and Walmart, I finally found them at a specialty shop Make it Sweet!
1 box of butter yellow cake mix
1/3 cup of oil
¼ cup of red and blue jimmy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together cake mix, oil and eggs until well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Add sprinkles and stir until well mixed.
- Drop by tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown.